Please note the following conditions for ordering the humanitarian Artemisia kit and be sure to fill out the accompanying questionnaire:Humanitarian Artemisia Kit Conditions + Questionnaire.docx (29.8 KiB)
Humanitarian Artemisia Kit (abbreviated HAK, order number 300)
A compilation of products for use in developing countries
It is our goal to grow Artemisia annua anamed for humanitarian purposes in as many countries as possible. The previous "starter kit" was too often bought for private purposes, hence now the clear renaming to "HAK". For various reasons and to protect our work around the world, we have stopped selling the starter kit for private purposes.
For private use we always send single Artemisia plantlets from April to November (5€ per plant plus postage, minimum order quantity 4). For private use, harvesting a few plantlets is well enough (shipping is not possible in all countries because of the delivery time).
Even the very poorest should thus find a means to arm themselves against malaria, dengue, corona, etc. or to be able to heal better with it! Sometimes there are already anamed groups in your country of operation or close to it (Congo, Nigeria, etc.). You can find them at https://anamed.org/en/worldwide.html
We have made a film about this kit (29 minutes theory, 29 minutes practice); in different languages, so that your partner abroad can also succeed with seeding!
Artemisia annua anamed - vom Samen zum Tee
The HAK contains:
- 5000 seeds (corresponding to about 0.5 grams!!!) of Artemisia annua anamed (A-3). They are delivered in an airtight container with silica gel.
- A 50 g tea package as a technical sample.
- Peat discs "Jiffy pots" for easy sowing.
- A folder with the documentation "Artemisia annua anamed: cultivation and use" in English, French, German, Portuguese or Spanish (please indicate in which language it is requested). This document provides comprehensive basic information.
- A folded medicinal plant poster.
- The book "Natural Medicine in the Tropics" by Hirt and M'Pia.
- Hygrometer with enclosed instructions
- Dosing cup incl. dosing instructions
If necessary further literature in the respective language
Total weight 1-1,5 Kg (depending on country)
We can only deliver our HAK to private persons, NGOs, churches and missionaries who send or take the A-3 seeds to developing countries for purely HUMANITARIAN, non-commercial reasons to grow Artemisia there for local use, i.e. not for sale in Europe. Cultivation in Germany for commercial purposes is not allowed by us.
The enclosed documentation gives advice on the following:
- Cultivation: how to sow the seed, how to take care of cuttings, how to plant them in the field to produce more plants and how to harvest and dry the leaves.
- The use of Artemisia annua for the treatment of malaria.
- Application of Artemisia annua both internally and externally to treat other diseases.
- Making ointments and tinctures for external use for a variety of skin conditions.
Tip: Use only a few seeds each year and make cuttings from your plants. The seed will keep in the tightly sealed dry box: at room temperature for about 3 years, in the refrigerator for about 5 years, in the freezer for about 10 years.
Please note that it is NOT POSSIBLE for us to just send anyone some seeds! In the HAK are explained many agricultural questions that we would otherwise have to spend hours on the phone.And: We spend thousands of euros every year to buy the seeds and therefore need the support of those who are interested.
You may wish to order refills for seeds (order no. 301) with or after the HAK. For this we need the number of your purchased HAK, as well as your signature on the order form.
Please note: For more publications and seed offers, visit https://www.anamed-edition.com/en/catalogue.html .
The prices for mailing are:
GERMANY: 120 € plus 10 € post and packing, for a total of 130 €.
WORLDWIDE: 120 €, plus post and packing (price depends on the country).
APPLIES ALSO TO Switzerland, Norway: Please pay foreign and own bank charges yourself! Otherwise please add 15 € bank charges.
Why is A-3 seed more expensive than A-2 (Artemisia annua wild form, available for a few Euros in seed shops)? Several reasons are described in brochure 202. One important reason is that A-2 starts flowering already in July; the pollen is allergenic like other mugwort pollen, so the whole neighborhood can get asthma. A-3, however, with careful care, does not come into bloom until October/November/December.... But the plant must be harvested BEFORE flowering (and before frost)! This means the plant A-3 thus has much longer time to grow and often the frost comes earlier.
PLEASE pay only after you have received the invoice from us.